NO Waiting list available
Dates: January 17th-19th, 2020
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm Friday and Saturday; 9:00am to 4:30pm Sunday
Lunch: 12:00pm to 1:00pm
*Note: There are often demos during lunchtime. If you would like to see these demos, please take a short lunch or pack a lunch. Demos start approximately 15-30 minutes into the lunch break.
City: Austin, TX
Venue: Hilton Garden Inn
Here is the link to book a discounted overnight room online: https://hiltongardeninn.
|Group Name:||Chinese Medicine that Works|
|Hotel Name:||Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center|
|Hotel Address:||500 N Interstate 35|
*Discounted overnight room block EXPIRES Friday December 27th, 2019. Please book your overnight room prior to that date to receive the discounted rate.
Approved for 20 CA CEU’s CEP#1441, Category 1
Approved for 20.5 NCCAOM PDA’s
Early bird through November 30th – Save $100!
ADDITIONAL PRE-REQUISITE INFORMATION BELOW
50% deposit available for this seminar. Balance invoices are due two (2) weeks prior to the seminar. Invoices will be sent 2-3 weeks prior to the seminar
Learn to efficiently and effectively utilize motor points and electro-acupuncture to restore functional limitation and knock out pain with one of the most comprehensive and intensive seminars available today. With assessment, your treatments will be targeted to treating only what needs to be treated. This 3-day seminar is the most comprehensive seminar to date, covering assessment, electro-acupuncture, and motor points! You will return to your clinic with a system of assessment and treatment that will be accurate and effective.
The list of motor points taught in this seminar include those that cover 95% of the functional, mechanical related pain and functional conditions you will see in your office. This seminar also includes multiple demos on patients and volunteers with pain and dysfunction.
*This EXSTORE includes entry points of energy, a new addition to this day
• Assessment & Treatment demonstration by Dr. Lombardi on a patient he has never seen before
* The lecture portion will include Dr. Lombardi illustrating the the concept of motor inhibition, its causes, and the anatomical locations of motor points. In addition the equipment used: pointer plus, stimulation units, and the needles themselves will be explained in terms of how they work and their clinical uses.
•Learn the EXSTORE® Assessment System Functional Musculoskeletal Scans for Upper and Lower Extremities
• Learn how Dr. Lombardi uses the scans to assess musculoskeletal injury in less than 2 minutes
• Learn clinical secrets to finding the root cause of common forms of knee pain, low back pain, neck and shoulder problems in athletic and non-athletic populations
• Learn to appreciate and understand the soft tissue changes that are present. Then observe, assess, and treat the trophic changes which transform the soft tissue and sclerotogenous tissue of athletic and non-athletic populations of all ages
• Learn advanced manual muscle release techniques focusing on myofascial tissue, sclerotomal structures, and on motor and sensory cutaneous nerves using your hands and manual soft tissue tools
• Learn Dr. Lombardi’s instant myofascial techniques used to instantly improve functional benchmark movements: push ups, bench press and squats.
Electro-Acupuncture for MSK Injury
• The researched benefits of using electroacupuncture – lecture
• Learn about the tools used during electroacupuncture for musculoskeletal treatment – demonstration
• When and how to use the Pointer Plus with demonstrations on three motor points – demo + practice
• When and how to use the ITO 1107 and the ES 130 stim units and frequency manipulation – demo + practice
• Perfusion Treatment vs Mechanical Treatment, a clinical perspective – lecture
• Application and use of HTJJ points and practice
• Application, use, and practice of special techniques in EA
• Two needle technique, in-line fascial technique, osteopuncture, high frequency stimulation
•Practice manual applications learned
Electro-acupuncture stimulation of motor points in common musculoskeletal injuries –
•This live seminar will cover 30 necessary motor points used to treat a series of common musculoskeletal conditions. Dr. Lombardi’s Acupuncture Motor Point Manual For Doctors & Therapists 2nd Edition – will be used as the reference text during this course.
•The final day of the course will course include two live case presentations of patients Dr. Lombardi has never seen before. This way you can witness and understand the instant changes that you can create in your patients when it is applied correctly.
•Each motor point demonstration will be prefaced by Dr. Lombardi drawing the location of the muscle on the patient to maximize our visual and kinesthetic learning experience.
•The practical hands-on component is significant as it spans over 8 hours. Dr. Lombardi will evaluate, correct, and improve your needling technique which include vital concepts such as needle depth, proper use of non-dominant hand, body position, and proper motor point location.
•The list of motor points to be taught include: (note parenthesis indicate how many motor points that muscle has)
•pectoralis major (2)
•biceps brachii (2)
•gluteus maximus (2)
**Purchase includes the EXSTORE manual, EXSTORE work sheet, and the motor point manual. To find these, log into your account and click on ‘downloads’. These manuals can be printed and bound. We do not provide printed manuals at the seminar.
Seminar cancellation/refund policy: There are no refunds.
- For cancellations 2 or more weeks before the seminar, a credit for a live seminar will be issued, less a $40.00 administrative fee. Credit must be used within the same calendar year.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks or less of the seminar: No refunds or credits
About Dr. Lombardi:
Dr. Anthony Lombardi is a 2002 graduate of the New York Chiropractic College and McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture program in Hamilton, Ontario, and has been practicing acupuncture for 15 years. Upon graduation, he founded Hamilton Back Clinic and since then has become a private consultant to athletes in the NFL, CFL, and NHL. Over the past 15 years Anthony has given over 100,000 acupuncture treatments. In addition to practicing, Dr. Lombardi was also an instructor in the Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program at McMaster University from 2004 to 2013. He developed his Exstore® system, which he currently teaches along with motor points and electro-acupuncture, to physicians and practitioners the world over. He regularly writes and contributes articles on motor points in the Canadian Chiropractic and Chiropractic Economics magazines. In addition to providing many seminars through Chinese Medicine That Works, Dr. Lombardi also has many webinars available on acuvids.com, both at a cost and for free.
ADDITIONAL PRE-REQUISITE AND PREPARATION INFORMATION:
- Please purchase the ITO or Pantheon E-stim unit prior to the seminar and try them out.
- Review all pertinent anatomy. The list of motor points is above to help you know what anatomy to review.
- Included in purchase of this seminar: Fundamentals of EA webinar. Instructions to access it are at the top of the screen after you log-in to your acuvids account. Please review this webinar.
- There will be a pre-seminar meeting. Details will be emailed as we get closer to the seminar. If you cannot attend live, there will be a recording. Live attendance is recommended so you can ask questions.
- Review the “How to use the Pointer” videos below
- Full break down of the class, with times, is available HERE