Learn to efficiently and effectively utilize motor points to restore functional limitation and knock out pain. With assessment, your treatments will be targeted to treating only what needs to be treated. This 3-day seminar is the most comprehensive seminar to date, covering assessment, electro-acupuncture, and motor points!
The list of motor points taught in this seminar include those that cover 95% of the functional, mechanical related pain and functional conditions you will see in your office.
Venue: Marina Village, San Diego, 1936 Quivira Way, San Diego, CA, 92109
Dates: February 8th, 9th, and 10th, 2019
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm Friday and Saturday; 9:00am to 4:00pm Sunday
• Assessment & Treatment demonstration by Dr. Lombardi on a patient he has never seen before
* The lecture portion will include Dr. Lombardi illustrating the the concept of motor inhibition, its causes, and the anatomical locations of motor points. In addition the equipment used: pointer plus, stimulation units, and the needles themselves will be explained in terms of how they work and their clinical uses.
•Learn the EXSTORE® Assessment System Functional Musculoskeletal Scans for Upper and Lower Extremities
• Learn how Dr. Lombardi uses the scans to assess musculoskeletal injury in less than 2 minutes
• Learn clinical secrets to finding the root cause of common forms of knee pain, low back pain, neck and shoulder problems in athletic and non-athletic populations
• Learn to appreciate and understand the soft tissue changes that are present. Then observe, assess, and treat the trophic changes which transform the soft tissue and sclerotogenous tissue of athletic and non-athletic populations of all ages
• Learn advanced manual muscle release techniques focusing on myofascial tissue, sclerotomal structures, and on motor and sensory cutaneous nerves using your hands and manual soft tissue tools
• Learn Dr. Lombardi’s instant myofascial techniques used to instantly improve functional benchmark movements: push ups, bench press and squats.
Electro-Acupuncture for MSK Injury
• The researched benefits of using electroacupuncture – lecture
• Learn about the tools used during electroacupuncture for musculoskeletal treatment – demonstration
• When and how to use the Pointer Plus with demonstrations on three motor points – demo + practice
• When and how to use the ITO 1107 and the ES 130 stim units and frequency manipulation – demo + practice
• Perfusion Treatment vs Mechanical Treatment, a clinical perspective – lecture
• Application and use of HTJJ points and practice
• Application, use, and practice of special techniques in EA
• Two needle technique, in-line fascial technique, osteopuncture, high frequency stimulation
Special Needling Techniques
* Facet joints of the neck
* Subclavius muscle for shoulder pain
* Motor points of Abductor Hallucis & Flexor Hallucis (big toe/ankle pain
* Dorsal Scapular Nerve ( neck pain)
* Extensor Pollicis (thumb pain)
* Offsetting Frequencies: Trigger Finger Treatment Protocol/Ankle Sprain Protocol
Apply Manual Soft Tissue Release Techniques
•Practice manual applications learned
Electro-acupuncture stimulation of motor points in common musculoskeletal injuries –
•This live seminar will cover 30 necessary motor points used to treat a series of common musculoskeletal conditions. Dr. Lombardi’s Acupuncture Motor Point Manual For Doctors & Therapists 2nd Edition – will be used as the reference text during this course.
•The final day of the course will course include two live case presentations of patients Dr. Lombardi has never seen before. This way you can witness and understand the instant changes that you can create in your patients when it is applied correctly.
•Each motor point demonstration will be prefaced by Dr. Lombardi drawing the location of the muscle on the patient to maximize our visual and kinesthetic learning experience.
•The practical hands-on component is significant as it spans over 8 hours. Dr. Lombardi will evaluate, correct, and improve your needling technique which include vital concepts such as needle depth, proper use of non-dominant hand, body position, and proper motor point location.
•The list of motor points to be taught include: (note parenthesis indicate how many motor points that muscle has)
•pectoralis major (2)
•biceps brachii (2)
•gluteus maximus (2)
*Bring a table and get $25 back per massage/treatment table! We need treatment tables – bring a table or tables and receive $25 per table. Please email us at email@example.com to let us know if you intend to bring a table. We will leave this offer open until we have enough tables.
Approved for 20 California CEU’s, Category 1, CEP#1441
Pending 20.5 NCCAOM PDA’s, Provider 168916
Within 2 weeks of purchase: Full refund less $25.00 admin fee and less $80.00 for the EXSTORE® and Motor Point Manuals ($105 total)
2 weeks from purchase to 2 months before the seminar: 75% refunded
60-30 days prior to the seminar: 50% less an additional
Less than 30 days from the seminar: No refunds
Overnight rooms: We have a room block set up at The Dana hotel which is a short walk to the seminar venue. Click here to get a room on our discounted room block. We will have a discounted overnight room block for those who wish to stay close to the venue. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Marina Village.
What is the difference between this seminar and the 2-day EXSTORE/EA/Motor Point seminar in Hamilton, ON on May 4th and 5th, 2019?
The 3-day seminar in San Diego covers ~40 motor points, while the Hamilton seminar covers ~30
There is much more electro-acupuncture covered in the San Diego seminar as well